Become A Member
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Cable Systems Alliance Inc. (CCSA). Generally, membership is open to facilities-based Canadian television broadcasting distributors. Each step of the membership application process is summarized below.
To begin, please contact Dale Cook at 506-849-1334, ext. 201, or email email@example.com. She will send you the necessary materials and help guide you through the process.
You will be sent the following:
· Membership Application Form
All applications are subject to the approval of CCSA’s Board of Directors. The membership application package includes a statement of CCSA’s membership policies. You should review carefully the policies and, especially, the membership criteria it contains before you submit a completed application form.
As part of the application process, CCSA will require written confirmation from you that your payments for all signal fees are up to date and that you have no outstanding disputes with suppliers. We will also require copies of your certificate of incorporation, your license to operate a distribution undertaking (or CRTC exemption reference) a completed system Information Form and a completed Channel Line-Up Form.
These requirements are described, in full, in the application package.
Please note that the completed Membership Application form must be accompanied by a non-refundable payment of $1,500, plus applicable taxes, to cover CCSA’s costs of processing the application. Applications will not be processed until payment is received.
If CCSA’s Board accepts your Membership Application, we will send you:
· A Membership Agreement and a Website Consent Form for execution and return to CCSA
· An invoice for:
o A one-time payment of $1,000 plus applicable taxes, to cover our costs in setting up your systems in our Single Point Billing system; and
o Your first year’s membership fees.
The membership fees are calculated as the product of your total number of subscribers multiplied by a per-subscriber rate established, from time to time, by CCSA’s Board. CCSA membership fees are subject to an annual minimum fee of $750 plus tax. Your first year fees will be pro-rated to reflect the portion of CCSA’s fiscal year remaining at the time you become a member.
Once your membership is approved, as indicated by a fully executed Membership agreement:
· We will begin setting up your systems in our automated system for payment of television signal wholesale fees. We call that system Single Point Billing, or SPB. Please note that, while your participation in individual CCSA television programming affiliation agreements is voluntary, you must pay the wholesale fees for contracts in which you do participate through Single Point Billing.
· We will courier to you our SPB Orientation Package, which will help guide you through the SPB set-up process; and
· Most CCSA members hold a share in the capital of CCSA. If you are eligible to become a shareholder, CCSA will request its counsel to issue a share certificate in your company’s legal name. Once we receive, sign and seal the share certificate, we will deposit the original certificate for safe keeping and forward a copy to you.
The contracts that CCSA makes with programmers for the supply of television programming services are called Affiliation Agreements. You participate in individual Affiliation Agreements by signing a brief Assumption Agreement for each such contract. Each Assumption Agreement that you have signed permits you to distribute the relevant programming service to your customers and binds you to the terms of the specific Affiliation Agreement to which it applies.
Our Contract Administration department will forward information on how to adopt the specific CCSA Assumption Agreements that, based on your channel line-up, would be of benefit to you.
Under a limited number of Affiliation Agreements, CCSA assumes direct liability to the programmer for your payments. In those cases, we require a deposit of funds to cover CCSA’s liability. We call those deposits Liability Funds. After we receive your signed Assumption Agreements and any required Liability Funds, we will activate your systems in our Single Point Billing program. Participation in SPB is both a condition of membership and one of our most popular membership benefits.
If you have any questions about becoming a CCSA member or need assistance with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Dale Cook at 506-849-1334 ext 201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.